I recently installed Notepad++. It’s a great text editor for Windows, and having come from PSPad, I’d say the best draw of Notepad++ is it’s theme capabilities and the plugins. You can have Textmate themes for Notepad++ easily, and it looks so much better!
There was a slight problem with my Notepad++ installation that screwed up all my defaults icons for php, txt, xml, css files, etc. After MUCH fiddling around (unsuccessfully), in regedit and in Explorer, I got really annoyed. I was toying around with the PHP file values first, because I figured that if I could get those to work, I could replicate what I did for the other file formats that Notepad++ handled. So, I decided to just delete the DefaultIcon register key folder and the IconHandler registry key folder for all the PHP file values.
And voila. It worked!
I did the same for all of the other file formats/extensions, and it worked straight away 😀 Oh, you might want to use TweakUI’s function to refresh icons to see your changes instantly. To refresh icons in TweakUI, just go to TweakUI > Repair > Refresh Icons. You can get TweakUI here.
- How To Print The List of Files in a Folder on the Mac
- How To Fix PDF Files Showing Up As A Blank Page in FireFox
- How To Fix The Problem Of Icons Disappearing in Your Mac’s Dock
- Recursively Delete Selected Files or Folders In Windows
- How To Automatically Remove error_log Files