My friend’s computer had the error message that said: “This application has failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found.” whenever she tried to start Photoshop CS3, and this affected the way plug-ins ran (in some cases, they wouldn’t run or display at all).
To solve this, just grab the MFC71.DLL at http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mfc71 and put this DLL file into the same directory as Photoshop (you should see a whole lot of other DLLs in there).
Start up Photoshop after that and voila – no more error message, and all your plugins should show up correctly now.
- How To Fix PDF Files Showing Up As A Blank Page in FireFox
- Create Web 2.0 Graphics with Free Photoshop Layer Styles
- How To Automatically Remove error_log Files
- Example FTP Session in UNIX
- How To Solve Problem of PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted…