It’s not often, but sometimes you end up in an area where there’s only a wired ethernet connection to the Internet, and you have 2-3 mobile devices that only use Wi-Fi. E.g. a hotel room in China where your 3G devices don’t work.
What happens? This is when you’d be happy that you had a Windows 7 computer that had the following software: Virtual Router.
From the developer’s website:
Virtual Router turns any Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 Computer into a Wifi Hot Spot using Windows 7’s Wireless Hosted Network (Virtual Wifi) technology.
- WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router Review
- How To Connect SpeedTouch ST536 with Wireless Router
- How To Solve The Problem of No Internet Connectivity with VirtualBox
- Protect Your Wireless Network with MAC Address Filtering…A Bad Idea
- Starhub 3G Mobile Broadband Internet Settings