BBPress is a great forum software that integrates nicely with WordPress. The problem is, it’s not as full-featured as the other forum software available. One of my gripes is the inability to change certain options. For instance, if you’ve integrated BBPress with your WordPress blog, then you want to redirect or disable the default BBPress registration page since it’s redundant. Well, there’s no easy, out-of-the-box switch that you flick on and off for this.
Turns out that if you want to do do this, you have to go into your BBPress root directory (i.e. like www.yourdomain.com/bbpress/), and create/edit your .htaccess file and add this line right at the top:
Redirect 301 /bbpress/register.php http://yourdomain.com/wp-login.php?action=register
- How To Create And Use .htaccess Files For Apache Web Server in Microsoft Windows
- Edit .htaccess to increase PHP’s max file upload
- How To Solve Lag Problems And Slowness With Samsung Galaxy S (Even After Updating Android OS)
- How To Solve Problem of PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted…
- How To Make and Run Batch Files In Terminal In Mac OSX