I love VMWare Fusion, because it allows me to run Windows applications on my Mac seamlessly. It gets to the point that I want some forms of documents to always open with Windows applications. For instance, I don’t like Mac Office, and would rather use Windows Office to open my Office documents. The problem was that when you go to “Get Info” in Finder, some of the Office applications wouldn’t be listed.
I solved this by searching for where the applications were located, and found them in this path:
Select the machine that you want (it’ll look like
Now that you know where the applications are, you can either create a link and place them where you want (e.g. in your ~/Applications/ folder), or whenever you do a “Get Info” on a document, you can choose to open all files in the future with those applications (by browsing to that location, and selecting the appropriate application).
- How To Print The List of Files in a Folder on the Mac
- How To Open Microsoft Office Documents in VMWare Fusion By Default
- How To Convert Open Office document (.odf) to Microsoft Office Document Format With A Converter
- Why I Chose To Switch To Mac OS Over Windows 7?
- How To Quickly Zoom In/Out In Mac Office (Word, etc)