I love VMWare Fusion, because it allows me to run Windows applications on my Mac seamlessly. It gets to the point that I want some forms of documents to always open with Windows applications. For instance, I don’t like Mac Office, and would rather use Windows Office to open my Office documents. The problem was that when you go to “Get Info” in Finder, some of the Office applications wouldn’t be listed.
I solved this by searching for where the applications were located, and found them in this path:
Select the machine that you want (it’ll look like
Now that you know where the applications are, you can either create a link and place them where you want (e.g. in your ~/Applications/ folder), or whenever you do a “Get Info” on a document, you can choose to open all files in the future with those applications (by browsing to that location, and selecting the appropriate application).
- How To Open Microsoft Office Documents in VMWare Fusion By Default
- How To Print The List of Files in a Folder on the Mac
- How To Open .jar Files Automatically in Mac OSX
- How To Make and Run Batch Files In Terminal In Mac OSX
- Microsoft Office Outlook (Outlook XP/2002, Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007) Personal Folders (PST) Backup Tool