Open Office is a great piece of software – and at its price, it’s pretty hard to beat! The default settings for Open Office might cause it to have a slow start-up speed though, but no problems! This tip will help you speed up Open Office’s start-up time instantly!
- Start either Write or Calc
- From the menu, go to >> “Tools”, then “Options”
- From the left menu, select “Memory”. Then on the right, follow these settings:
Number of steps is set to 20.
Graphics Cache for Open Office is set to 128 MB.
Memory per object is set to 20.0 MB.
Enable systray quickstarter is checked.
- Next, simply hit OK and exit the program
That’s it! The next time you run any application of the Open Office suite, you’ll realise that they will start up much faster!
- How To Convert Open Office document (.odf) to Microsoft Office Document Format With A Converter
- How To Open Documents With Windows Applications On Mac OS (Using VMWare Fusion)
- How To Open Microsoft Office Documents in VMWare Fusion By Default
- Create Web 2.0 Graphics with Free Photoshop Layer Styles
- How To Mass or Bulk Check-In Multiple Files With SharePoint