I tried importing a CSV into PHPMyAdmin, and everything got imported successfully except the date. The date used in Excel is different from MySQL, and number formatting won’t work in this case.
The only solution that I found was to create a new column, and apply this formula to it (assuming column A has dates such as 01/31/2014 in it):
This will then allow you to import CSVs with dates into MySQL without any problems.
- How To Create An Anonymous or Limited Access Only Account With MySQL
- How to find and replace text string in all MySQL tables
- Formatting a Decimal Number to 2 Decimal Places in Java or JSP
- How To Reset The MySQL Root User Password and Privileges
- How To Use Wildcard Characters in MySQL statements