I wanted to reset all data and settings on my iPhone, so I went to the Settings >> General >> Reset Data function within the iPhone to do so, thinking that all would be fine. After I did that, my iPhone showed a moving progress bar for a long while, but then displayed the Apple logo when it was completed, and froze at that screen.
I tried giving it a reset by holding down both the power and home buttons, but that did not work. So I had to restore my iPhone in the end — here’s what I did:
- Launch iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Turn off your iPhone (by holding down both the POWER and HOME buttons)
- Turn on the iPhone while holding down to the HOME button
- CONTINUE TO HOLD the HOME button until the phone enters Recovery mode
- Restore your iPhone with iTunes. This will reinstall the OS.
That solved my iPhone problem for me, and brought my iPhone back to life.