Some projects require activation of the GD library, and this is especially true when you have to do image manipulation with your PHP script. If you’re using WAMP (Windows Apache MySQL PHP) in Windows, then good news: WAMP comes with GD library, just that it’s not activated by default.
To activate the GD library, go to your WAMP’s PHP.ini file, which can be found by clicking on the WAMP icon in your system tray. Go to “Config files”, and you’ll find it in there.
Next, in PHP.ini, search for the following line of code:
Now remove the semicolon from the beginning of that line, so that the line now looks like this:
Restart WAMP, and your GD library will be activated.
- Chinese Input in Microsoft Windows and Word
- How To Remove/Uninstall KEXTs In Mac OSX
- Recursively Delete Selected Files or Folders In Windows
- How To Create And Use .htaccess Files For Apache Web Server in Microsoft Windows
- How to find and replace a text string in all files on your cPanel / WHM / Linux / Unix server