I always get the feeling that there’s just not enough hours in a day, so I’m big on time management and productivity boosters. Here’re 5 tips to save time and increase your productivity.
1. Do certain things fewer times
Things that can be done less or things that can be done once instead of twice are those things that will help us save a lot of time. Clean your house once every ten days instead of every 7 days â€“ you can do that, itâ€™s normal and the house wonâ€™t get dirty in those three extra days.
Make a work report every six week not every four weeks if possible.
Keep meetings to inform yourself on ongoing projects twice a month not every week. And the list of things that can be done fewer times can go on forever.
2. Compete with yourself!
Watch the clock and settle to finish an activity by a certain hour. Focus, get rod of anything that could distract you and work more efficiently.
3. Ask more out of 15 minutes.
Can you find 15 minutes a day that you could use more efficiently? Is there lost time in your activities? Or maybe a less important activity you can give up on? If you manage to save 15 minutes every day, you will win in fact 91 hours every year!
4. Do a list of little activities that donâ€™t take you more than a couple of minutes.
Of course, we usually want to deal with the important problems first. But when we feel tired, stressed, in a bad mood, we find it hard to concentrate and we lose our time forcing ourselves. A list of simple activities will help you finalize something and push up your productivity. And obviously it is always better to know you did something, even is it is small, than to realize you havenâ€™t even started anything.
5. Work on a certain project over a certain period of time.
Rather than to try and finalize an activity at once, it is better to tell yourself: â€œ I will work on this for 15 minutes and see how much I can get done during this intervalâ€. Focus and try to do all you can during those 15 minutes. This is an excellent advice to solve problems or projects you avoided lately.
- 12 Powerful and Brilliant Ways On How To Find More Time In Your Day
- 6 Things You Can Do While Waiting to Be Happier
- The Jaw-dropping Secret Method To Get More Done In Less Time As Used By Over 95% of Successful Entrepreneurs
- 5 Crucial Reasons Why I Snowboard, And You Should Too
- I Didn’t Understand Money, And I Lost Over $800,000