This problem was annoying me because WordPress themes may show the full content of every single post when you visit a category page or archives page, and I didn’t want that. I poked around the WordPress API and it turns out that you can just use a text editor (or the built in WordPress theem Editor) and search for function the_content() and change it to the_excerpt(). Simple!
These changes can be applied to the following files:
- How To Mass Update WordPress URLs After a Site Migration
- How To Redirect or Disable BBPress Registration Page
- How To Fix: Titles Not Being Reflected When Using WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Recursively Delete Selected Files or Folders In Windows
- How to correctly display CSV files (Excel 2013)