This is unbelievable. I had a movie clip in .mov (Apple’s Quicktime format) and I needed to convert it into .avi so that I could insert it into a Windows Powerpoint. Apparently if I had a Macintosh, the Macintosh version of Powerpoint could play .mov natively. But oh well, shrugs.
So I looked online for solutions, because I really didn’t want to spend any money to buy a conversion software. Guess what? I found my answer – free online conversion tools!
These websites are absolutely fantastic! They’re fast, easy to use, and convert A LOT of formats. I found two – and I used the first one, which was Zamzar. Check them out:
Zamzar was absolutely idiot-proof. I simply chose the file that I wanted to convert on my computer, and then it uploaded the file. It was only 2mb, so I didn’t have to wait very long. After which, I received an email telling me that my file was converted. There was a link in that email which brought me to the download page where I could download my movie in .avi format – amazing!
- How To Convert .m4a .mka .mp4 to .mp3 (And other formats) With FLV Crunch On The Mac OS
- How To Convert G2M3 Encoded WMV Video Files Into Standard WMV Video Files
- How To Convert Open Office document (.odf) to Microsoft Office Document Format With A Converter
- Adobe Photoshop Text Tool – Paragraph Type and Point Type
- How To Remove the QuickTime Annoyance (Internet Explorer IE Firefox)
Tags: Technology, The Big Net, Tips